Our experience has taught us that the foundation of any good heritage project is a thorough understanding of the building you are working with. For church buildings the key to unlocking that understanding is a document called a statement of significance. This statement is a tool for exploring the history of the building, assessing the importance of its features, and evaluating the impact of your proposals on that importance. It will guide your architect in their design work, help you make a case to funders, and is essential for decision makers when it comes to gaining permission for your project.
We have the skills and experience to provide high quality, comprehensive statements of significance for church buildings of all periods and complexities. No fuss, no waffle – just the information and analysis you need to build your project on.
Advisory site visit
- we will meet your project team on site to offer early stage advice on your proposals, their impact on the historic significance of the building, and your next steps.
- £60 per hour + travel at 45p per mile
- if you commission a statement of significance from us, we will deduct the hourly fees for the visit from your final invoice.
- are you able to write up the statement, but don’t have the time or experience to carry out the research? We can offer a research only option to provide you with the information you need without the hassle.
- includes up to 24 hours of work, in archives or on site
- once the research period is complete you will get a detailed digital report to work from
- starting from £720 + travel at 45p per mile
- Additional time at £125 1/2 day or £250 full day
Statement of significance
- full statement of significance
- we will do as much research, in archives or on site, as the case requires – without charging you any additional fees
- full write up including high quality photographs
- digital format with hard copy option
- starting from £1200 + travel at 45p per mile
Interested? Contact us for a quotation.